Customer Support Engineer
Help us build the next generation of tools for millions of students and teachers worldwide.
Hāpara began in one classroom in New Zealand and now we are in classrooms around the world. We have small teams with a global mission to power awesome learning anytime, anywhere.
Our offices are in Silicon Valley, Chicago and Auckland, New Zealand. Many of us work from home as well.
As a Senior Customer Support Engineer, you will be on the front lines with our customers and the rest of the Support Team, understanding their school organizations, learning about their goals, pain points, helping them get up and running with using Hāpara, and guiding them along the way so they can achieve the best possible outcome using Hāpara Products.
You’ll work alongside the Implementation, Development and Customer Engagement Teams to ensure they have technical support, and be responsive by troubleshooting, educating, and training customers throughout their adoption of Hāpara. You’ll support our new and existing customers using our ticketing systems to help them use and learn Hāpara Products.
Senior Customer Support Engineers are product experts, technically proficient , effective communicators, highly motivated, organized, personable, and empathetic. As a Senior Customer Support Engineer working with Hāpara customers, you will be in a high-volume customer-facing role where you will have complete control of your pipeline providing support to drive adoption and utilization of the Hāpara platform.
Our perfect coworker is smart, self-directed, persuasive, empathetic, high-energy, and passionate about helping others. It’s critical that you are product-savvy and can quickly learn how to use new tools (including the Hāpara Product Suite). We are looking for someone who knows how to manage their time effectively and can easily prioritize the tasks in front of them and more importantly you need to be able to TROUBLESHOOT.
Location: Office (445 N Wells St #303, Chicago, IL)
Skills & Requirements
- Motivated, high-energy self-starter focused on results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to rapidly develop a rapport with customers is critical
- Listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control.
- Have practical experience with Technical troubleshooting
- Oral and Written Communication – Speak/write clearly and persuasively while providing clarification to ongoing questions.
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced, results-driven, think-on-your-feet start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to “juggle many balls in the air”
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Zendesk desirable
- Minimum of five years experience providing customer support.
- Aptitude for continuous self-learning, problem solving and a passion for technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to work with peers.
- Have experience dealing with highly technical and difficult cases
Nice-to-have skills – not essential, but any of the following will be a bonus:
- Active Directory
- Windows Servers
- Cloud infrastructure
- Google Workspace
- Knowledge of the K-12 education market
- Former education experience
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about making a difference to student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want to keep your family happy.
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the leadership, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- A small company that has a lot of flexibility
Send your CV, links to a few things you’re proud of, and a paragraph or two to explain the difference you’ll make.