Position: Remote, contract
Experience level: Mid level
After adopting Google Apps for Education in 2010, educators in New Zealand’s Manaiakalani school cluster realized they needed a more effective way of managing learner work in the new digital environment. They collaborated to design a dream tool that would streamline teacher workflow while deepening personalized learning and student engagement.
Their work emphasized a straightforward design that would empower teachers of all technical abilities to track learner progress, provide ongoing feedback, disseminate files and facilitate collaboration and differentiation through flexible groupings. Hāpara (the Māori word for dawn) was born from these efforts in 2011, with the launch of its original Teacher Dashboard.
Today, Hāpara has a range of products built to support educators as they create authentic, personalized learning experiences. We have 2.2 million users in 40+ countries, and in 15% of U.S. medium/large school districts.
Our work is inspired by John Hattie’s research on Visible Learning and by the teachers, administrators and learners we work with every day. With offices in Chicago and Auckland, our team includes school superintendents, school administrators and top-tier educators who are all dedicated to building great products for schools.
What the role requires:
We are looking to hire a graphic designer/illustrator that can help our team design social media and blog images, infographics, e-books, website graphics and print materials ( such as post cards and stickers) to help add a fun and creative feel to the content we produce. We would love for someone to be able to capture the look and feel of our brand and find fun and creative ways to develop graphics using our mascot or other educational images in their design.
Note: Please provide a portfolio link of projects you have worked on in the past.
- Support the marketing team in creating mockups for banner ads, email campaigns and web graphics
- Design a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts and customer-facing collateral such as stickers, flyers and more
- Create Hāpara training videos including animated and product screencast content
- Collaborate with both the customer facing and lead driving divisions of the marketing team
- Keep current on digital campaigns, social trends and industry technology in order to promote new ways of thinking, working and problem-solving
The right candidate:
- Basic knowledge of marketing
- Ability to work on a timeline and meet deadlines for deliverables.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Interest in creative character design (customizing our “Hipi the Sheepicorn” mascot and other related graphics)
- Knowledge of G Suite (Google Docs and Google Slides)
- Possesses web design, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Web Designer, Adobe Illustrator and motion and static design skills