Help us build the next generation of tools for millions of students and teachers worldwide.
We are a mature Kiwi startup that’s made the leap to Silicon Valley, funded by the top institutional and education investors in the US. We partner with the biggest tech companies in the world, and work on bleeding edge technology.
Seeking high-energy, driven professionals with exceptional communication skills, technical aptitude, organizational skills, and natural sales instincts to join the Growth Department. Ideal candidates are eager to help customers find the right solution to fit their needs and demonstrate their ability to be tenacious, self-starters every day. Hāpara offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the training, resources, and outstanding leadership to sell education solutions and advance in your sales career.
As a Growth Manager, you will support a specific Sales Manager. You will leverage the sales team’s demand generation efforts by responding to and qualifying inbound leads and calling outbound prospects. Metrics of success are measured on a monthly quota of qualified sourced opportunities and closed business, meaning you will have the opportunity to continuously challenge the status quo. Growth Managers are the frontline sales team, and can directly impact the marketing strategy and targeted engagements based on conversations with customers/prospects.
Location: Office (445 N Wells St., Chicago, IL)
What you’ll do
• Reach out to school districts that can benefit from Hāpara’s award winner platform
• Qualify leads and book them into demos
• Use Salesforce to organize lead data and qualification notes
• Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Hapara
What’s in it for you
• Develop strategic partnerships with experienced Sales Managers to help generate new business pipeline
• Work hands-on with marketing to ensure regional messaging and unique strategies
• Generous Base Salary plus Commission
• Employee Stock Options
• Netflix style vacation policy
• Medical/Dental coverage
• Gym/Yoga/Wellness Reimbursement
Qualifications and Skills:
• Strong desire to be in education sales
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Self-Starter, high energy, and positive attitude
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Prior inside sales experience
• Knowledge of the K-12 education market
• Former education experience
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about making a difference to student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want to keep your family happy.
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the leadership, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- No corporate BS