Intermediate QA Analyst
Hāpara is looking for an Intermediate QA Analyst. This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Please send your resume to people@hāpara.com.
Help us test the next generation of tools for millions of students and teachers worldwide.
We are a Kiwi startup that’s made the leap to Silicon Valley, funded by the top institutional and education investors in the US. We partner with the biggest tech companies in the world, and work on bleeding edge technology. We are entering our next phase of growth and are scaling up!
We are seeking diverse and enthusiastic applicants for an Intermediate QA Analyst role. Degrees and formal qualifications are great, but the right attitude with a desire to learn is more important.
Skills & Requirements
You must demonstrate a minimum of 2 years commercial manual testing experience, ideally with ISTQB or similar. You should also be open to learning and implementing some automation testing.
- Proven experience across functional, system, integration, end-to-end testing and regression testing.
- Experience in API testing.
- Excellent communication skills and a keenness to work in a collaborative software development process.
- Experience in bug reporting and bug reporting tools.
- Experience in creating, writing and maintaining Test Scripts/Test plans.
- Experience in an agile software development environment.
- A positive, no-nonsense attitude with a good sense of humour is also pretty important!
Nice-to-have skills – not essential, but any of the following will be a bonus:
- Cloud platform experience
- Tools such as Jira, Confluence and Git
- Automation testing tools such as Protractor, TestCafe and Postman
- Exposure to entry level automation testing
This is an Intermediate level position, with the opportunity to grow your skills and experience with the support of others with years of industry experience.. You will work with the latest technologies, working with Product Managers, UX designers, other Testers and Software Engineers to create products that make a positive difference in the lives of teachers and students around the world.
Our tools help schools make the shift to digital learning by making it easier to view and manage student work in the cloud. We work with Google products such as Google Workspace, Classroom and Chromebooks, making them more efficient and easier to use in the classroom.
We are headquartered in the US, with sales, business development and marketing based in Chicago, while engineering and R&D is based in Auckland.
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about making a difference to student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want to keep your family happy.
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the leadership, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- No corporate BS
Send your CV, links to a few things you’re proud of, and a paragraph or two to explain the difference you’ll make.
This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.