Hapara Junior Software Engineer, Auckland
Help us build the next generation of tools for millions of students and teachers worldwide.
We are a mature Kiwi startup that’s made the leap to Silicon Valley, funded by the top institutional and education investors in the US. We partner with the biggest tech companies in the world, and work on bleeding edge technology.
We are seeking diverse and enthusiastic applicants for a junior level software engineer role. Degrees and formal qualifications are great, but the right attitude with a desire to learn is more important.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of one year of commercial software development experience.
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes.
- Aptitude for continuous self-learning, problem solving and a passion for technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to work with peers.
Nice-to-have skills – not essential, but any of the following will be a bonus:
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Cloud infrastructure or DevOps skills
You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and experience with the support of others with years of industry experience. You will work with the latest technologies, collaborating with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Software Engineers and Testers to create products that make a positive difference in the lives of teachers and students around the world.
Our tools help schools make the shift to digital learning by making it easier to view and manage student work in the cloud. We work with Google G Suite, making it more efficient and easier to use in the classroom.
We are headquartered in the US, with sales, business development and marketing based in Chicago, while engineering and R&D is based in Auckland.
You’ll be working with a world-class team that is passionate about making a difference on student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want you to have a life!
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the CEO, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- No corporate BS
Send your CV, links to a few things you’re proud of, and a paragraph or two to explain the values you bring.
This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.