Junior Software Engineer
Hāpara is looking for a Junior Software Engineer. This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Please send your resume to people@hāpara.com.
Help us build the next generation of tools for millions of students and teachers worldwide.
We are a mature Kiwi startup that’s made the leap to Silicon Valley, funded by the top institutional and education investors in the US. We partner with the biggest tech companies in the world, and work on bleeding edge technology.
We are seeking diverse and enthusiastic applicants for two Junior Software Engineer positions. Degrees and formal qualifications are great, but the right attitude with a desire to learn is more important.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of one year of commercial software development experience.
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes.
- Aptitude for continuous self-learning, problem solving and a passion for technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to work with peers.
Nice-to-have skills – not essential, but any of the following will be a bonus:
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Cloud infrastructure or DevOps skills
You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and experience with the support of others with years of industry experience. You will work with the latest technologies, collaborating with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Software Engineers and Testers to create products that make a positive difference in the lives of teachers and students around the world.
Our tools help schools make the shift to digital learning by making it easier to view and manage student work in the cloud. We work with Google products such as Google Workspace, Classroom and Chromebooks, making them more efficient and easier to use in the classroom.
We are headquartered in the US, with sales, business development and marketing based in Chicago, while engineering and R&D is based in Auckland.
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about making a difference to student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want to keep your family happy.
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the leadership, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- No corporate BS
Send your CV, links to a few things you’re proud of, and a paragraph or two to explain the difference you’ll make.
These roles are based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.