Senior Front-end Software Engineer: Auckland
Help us build the next generation of tools for millions of students and teachers worldwide.
We are a Kiwi startup that’s made the leap to Silicon Valley, funded by the top institutional and education investors in the US. We partner with the biggest tech companies in the world, and work on bleeding edge technology.
We are seeking diverse and enthusiastic applicants for a senior front-end software engineer role. Degrees and formal qualifications are great, but relevant experience and a proven track record to deliver is more important.
You are top-of-the-field. You thrive on hard problems, think laterally, inspire others, and deliver. You have the ability to effectively share ideas as receive those of others, collaborate well and enjoy being part of a team.
Skills & Requirements
- Deep front-end software engineering experience
- Technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- In-depth knowledge of the following:
- React and/or AngularJS, preferably both
- HTML5 and a CSS preprocessor
- Working cross browser and cross device
- TDD, or at least, unit testing
Nice-to-have skills – not essential, but any of the following will be a bonus:
- Experience with designing and building for WCAG & WAI-ARIA Accessibility compliance
- CSS3 animations and transitions
- Automated testing scripts like Protractor, Karma
- Frontend build tools
- Large scale CSS and the various methodologies to accomplish that
- Git, Jira, Jenkins
This is a senior level position with significant impact on our overall roadmap and strategy. You will help shape our front-end architecture as it continues to evolve. You will work with the latest technologies, working with Product Managers, UX designers, and other software engineers to create products that make a positive difference in the lives of teachers and students around the world.
Our tools help schools make the shift to digital learning by making it easier to view and manage student work in the cloud. We work with Google G Suite, making it more efficient and easier to use in the classroom.
We are headquartered in the US, with sales, business development and marketing based there, while product, engineering and R&D is based in Auckland.
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about making a difference to student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want to keep your family happy.
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the CEO, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- No corporate BS
Send your CV, links to a few things you’re proud of, and a paragraph or two to explain the difference you’ll make.
This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.