Technical Business Analyst (Product)
Help us build the next generation of digital tools for millions of students and teachers world-wide.
We are a Kiwi startup that’s made the leap to Silicon Valley. We partner with the biggest tech companies in the world, and work on bleeding edge technology.
You are passionate about product development, thrive on developing simple solutions to hard problems, think laterally, understand the user, work effectively and collaboratively with internal & external stakeholders from across the world, inspire others, and deliver.
Please send your resume to people@hāpara.com.
About the Role
As Technical Business Analyst (Product) you are a key member of our Agile product development team responsible for executing on our Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmap. You will be working with the Product designers, Development team and customers to identify, document, analyze and propose solutions that make a positive difference in the lives of teachers and students around the world.
This role will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks related to product research, ideation and development, including:
- Product Development
- Collaborate with product managers and customers/users to identify, document, and evaluate product requirements and solutions.
- Work in partnership with Product designers to understand needs, workflows and design considerations.
- Work as a bridge between Product Design and Engineering to understand options, study Impact and streamline enhancements.
- Work with our Test team to ensure adequate coverage of testing for new features/changes.
- Create, maintain, and update product information, and act as an expert internally on the technical aspects of our platform.
- Instrument and track data such as Usage data, Customer configuration information, class rosters, etc using standard statistical analysis to identify trends and boundaries which can be used for product improvements.
- Product experimentation – work closely with our product team to prototype & test product ideas.
- Systems Integration – Research and develop integrations with other systems in the K-12 EdTech ecosystem using standards or open APIs.
- Data Analysis – Analysis, pattern identification, data collation, graphing, hypothesis testing and presentation of findings.
- Market Research – Provide recommendations and reports on existing and prospective products including competitive analysis, product comparisons, tools research.
- Participate in customer workshops, user test sessions and market surveys to inform product development teams.
Skills & Requirements
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
- 3+ years of business analysis or product development experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining software solutions.
- Research & Analysis skills backed by evidence based decision making.
- An analytical mind, problem solving skills and a willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to work independently while at the same time collaborating effectively with all levels of the company.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Workshop facilitation skills.
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Plenty of enthusiasm!
Nice-to-have skills – not essential, but any of the following will be a bonus:
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience working with systems integration projects and developing to 3rd party APIs
- Software development experience
- Experience in EdTech and/or Google Apps for Education
- Worked previously in a SaaS environment
- Experience tracking and measuring key SaaS product metrics
- Experience in LeanUX practices
About Hapara Inc
Our tools help schools make the shift to digital learning by making it easier to view and manage student work in the cloud. We work with the Google for Education Suite, making it more efficient and easier to use in the classroom.
We are headquartered in the US, with sales, business development and marketing based there, while product, engineering and R&D is based in Auckland.
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about making a difference to student learning outcomes. Some things we believe in:
- Equity and equal opportunities: we all share in the company’s success
- Work-life balance and flexibility: hours ≠ contribution. We want to keep your family happy.
- Transparency: regular Q&A sessions with the CEO, access to investor materials, etc. We’re on the same team.
- No corporate BS
Send your CV, links to a few things you’re proud of, and a paragraph or two to explain the difference you’ll make.
This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.